A groin hernia is the muscles and tissues weakness in the groin. An Inguinal hernia repair is a surgery to repair a hernia in the groin. A hernia tissue normally bulges out through a weak spot on the abdominal wall.
The common symptoms of an inguinal hernia are:
A dull pain, fatigue, heaviness, pressure, burning or tingling sensation in the abdomen, groin or scrotum is felt. The symptoms may turn worse if you stand for a long period or strain the abdominal muscles such as coughing, carrying a heavy object. The symptoms may feel better at rest.
An inguinal hernia occurs through the inguinal canal, a channel where the testicles come through the way to the scrotum during male development. Women also have inguinal canal whereas it is very smaller than men and the inguinal hernia is much common in men.
In the laparoscopic surgery, the inguinal hernia is treated with minimal scar and blood loss.
The surgeon makes small incisions on the lower abdomen. With the help of a laparoscope the surgeon views inside the belly. The device contains a thin tube with a camera on the end. A harmless gas CO2 is used to expand the space which enables the surgeon to have a better look. The other tools are inserted through other incisions which are used to repair a hernia. Either the hernia sac or a hernia is pushed back into the abdomen. Finally, the scope and other instruments are removed and incisions are sutured. This entire surgery is performed under general anesthesia.
The Advantages of Laparoscopic Hernia Repair
- Decreased post-operative pain, discomfort and swelling.
- Faster recovery
- Reduced chances of infection
- At the same time additional intra-abdominal procedure can be done
- Additional asymptomatic hernia is diagnosed and repaired at the same time, if any
- In laparoscopic surgery, the opposite side can be seen easily. Hence, both the sides can be repaired at a single surgery.
- Hernia relapse is less recurrent since the mesh is placed inside the abdomen.
Mail us : firstname.lastname@example.org
Book your appointment here:www.rashminursinghome.com/book-appointment.html