Uterine fibroids are a very common occurrence in women these days. They are benign or non cancerous tumours that are found to grow on the uterine walls. Fibroids are of the same muscle fibre constitution as the myometrium or uterine walls, though denser. Fibroids are usually found to develop in a woman during her childbearing years. They are usually described based on the location of occurrence and size of the growth. Fibroids that interfere with functions of the body, causing symptoms such as abnormal bleeding warrant removal through surgical procedures...
Lap fibroid removal, a product of the development in medical technology is growing popular for its many benefits. Most cases of fibroid growth do not manifest any symptoms. However, in cases of bigger sized growths the following symptoms are detected.Lap fibroid removal, a product of the development in medical technology is growing popular for its many benefits. Most cases of fibroid growth do not manifest any symptoms. However, in cases of bigger sized growths the following symptoms are detected.
Symptoms of Fibroids
The presence of uterine fibroids that are large or formed at a strategic location might interfere with the fertility and menstrual cycle of a woman. These fibroids are known to manifest symptoms as follows: -
- Abdominal cramps
- Prolonged and heavy menstrual bleeding.
- Pain or pressure in the pelvic area
- Discomfort during urination
- Pain during intercourse.
- Pain in the back or legs.
- If you are in the child bearing age and experiencing the above symptoms, it is highly advisable to get medical
Fibroid Removal Surgery Treatment for fibroids that are known to cause discomfort and irregularities include its removal with the help of a surgical procedure. With the best fibroid removal surgery in Bangalore, Rashmi Hospital is well known for its advanced laparoscopy procedures. The fibroid removal at the hospital is conducted with the help of a minimally invasive procedure called laparoscopic myomectomy, which aids in fibroid removal without harming the uterus.
The procedure at Rashmi Hospital is popular for the following benefits:
- Safe with a high rate of success
- Small incisions and hence less scarring
- Relatively less post operative bleeding and pain
- Faster recovery with limited complications
- Reduced febrile morbidity
- Higher chances for future pregnancies