Dr. Deepak Rao is a gynaecologist and laparoscopic surgeon. A pioneer of endoscopic surgery (laparascopy and hysteroscopy) in Bangalore, Dr. Rao specializes in laparoscopic hysterectomies, fibroid surgeries, endometriosis, ectopic pregnancies and infertility surgeries. His other field of interest is uro-gynecology especially urinary incontinence surgeries.
In 1989, Dr. Rao graduated with flying colours from Topiwala National Medical College, Mumbai. He received twelve gold medals. He went on to his post-graduation and got his MD, DGO, FCPS and DNB. But more than his glowing academic career, what makes Dr. Rao stand out is his unparalleled experience in endoscopic surgery. In a career spanning over 25 years, Dr. Rao has performed thousands of laparoscopic cases. He has undergone extensive training and, to this day, attends conferences around the globe.He is deeply motivated to spread the benefits of keyhole surgeries, as he feels that women need to recover and get back to their normal lives as soon as possible after surgery. To this end, he offers laparoscopic surgeries at cost or even free to genuinely needy patients.
One of Dr. Rao-s core beliefs is in the power of positive thinking, and that modern medicine combined with a positive outlook is the key to holistic healing. True to his ideals, Dr. Rao-s pursuits outside medicine are just as enriching. He believes exercise should be an integral part of life and is an avid cyclist, who has cycled in many countries. His other interests include hiking, photography and travel.
He is married to Dr Shalini Rao, and they together run the hospital, adding a personal touch to the care that every patient recieves.
AWARDS AND HONORS
1. Dr. (Smt) Bhadra Vasant Desai prize for standing first in the final MBBS, 1987.
2. Dr. Mrs. Sharad Nanavati Memorial prize for securing highest mark in Obst. & Gyn, 1987.
3. Dr. A. L. Nair & M. Venkatrao prize for securing highest mark in Obst. & Gyn at 3rd MBBS, 1987.
4. Dr. D. D. Pandya-s prize for securing highest mark in Obst. & Gyn at 3rd MBBS, 1987.
5. Dr. Parab Memorial prize for securing highest mark in Obst. & Gyn at 3rd MBBS, 1987.
6. Dr. A. L Nair prize for securing highest mark in Obst. & Gyn at 3rd MBBS, 1987.
7. Smt. Gopikabai Narayan Karande prize for securing highest mark in Obst. & Gyn at 3rd MBBS, 1987.
8. Dr. D. D. Pandya-s prize for securing highest mark in Obst. & Gyn at 3rd MBBS, 1987.
9. Dr. Nanavati award for securing the highest marks in the FCPS examination in OBGYN
10. Dr. V. K. Mehta prize for securing the highest marks in MD in Obstetrics and Gynecology
11. Dr. Menon award for standing first in DGO in OBGYN